Sunday, June 5, 2011

No Six Sentence Sunday today

The Six Sentence Sunday blog is on hiatus this week as the site migrates to a new platform, so I took a break from posting excerpts.

And I think I'm going to take a longer break from Six Sentence Sunday, just because it was so relaxing today to not compulsively check my blog every time I had a spare moment to see how my comment count was going. Also, while I enjoy reading others' excerpts and there are several stories I plan to continue to follow, I found it was taking me hours just to go through each week's author list.

Don't get me wrong, I think SSS is a great idea. But between writing, my day job, and family, I don't have a lot of spare time, and I need to reclaim those Sunday hours for writing, researching, hanging out with my husband and daughter...or even today's activity, which was taking my Brand! New! Car! (yes, I say it like that--I only got it yesterday) out to try its paces on the open road while listening to my Mariners pull off a come-from-behind victory.

I still plan to talk about my writing and post the occasional excerpt from a work-in-progress. And maybe I'll drop in on SSS on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment